Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Assignment 2 - Animals

Was talking with Pete, and it turns out that we're due for another assignment! So I shall be your guide and host and servant and many many other things for this one.

It's simple: write a story prominently featuring an animal. It could be a pet, an escaped animal, a speaking animal; all the characters could be animals, or just some. No quests to find one, though, that's cheating.

Because here's the thing about animals, and something I'd like you all to think about: animals think fundamentally differently than we do. They act fundamentally differently than we do. Obviously there are similarities between humans and animals (and if you want to get technical we're beasts ourselves), but I'm interested in what you all have to say about the differences. Or maybe nothing at all; maybe its just our interaction with animals that is in and of itself interesting.

Addendum: if you write some Marley and Me "I love my dog" dreck I will personally hunt you down and kill you myself. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hehe, awesome, expect to see Antonio's (my snipers) storyline to be continued. this is a sotry I had to write for him anyways, now i get to flesh it out...hehe ill start work immediately!

    ReplyDelete