Thursday, March 29, 2012

Collaborative work anyone?

I have missed writing, writing for the pure enjoyment of expressing an idea not linked to school that is. Simply put I miss writing and having something to read put together by my friends. I was thinking we ought to try again, I wanted to propose an idea...what about collaborative work? Like how some games will have CO-DM's, why can't we work on a story where we all contribute, a paragraph...a page, hell even some dialogue. Then those of use (not me) that are more adept at editing could revise pieces to make it legible. Could this be done? Would it be readable? Would it be entertaining? Even if it did not become...'publishable' it would be a written conversation. Something where we could look back and enjoy. Just an idea...something I am rolling around in my head.

If not that...what about just putting up work again? We can give one another feedback. I always envisioned our blog (though short lived) akin to the bar where we sat bouncing ideas off of one another. I simply want that feeling of communal intellectual stimulation again, not surprising I do not get that fulfilled at school huh? As such...I think I will kick things off not only with this post...but, I will try to put something together also, some fiction worth looking at.

I am going to start my work with:

I used to be a paladin, I used to burn with righteous power eviscerating all impurity before me. In this world the free realms burn and my throat is parched and dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment